- Earn scholarship awards for college
- Gain community service experience
- Gain experience in speaking extemporaneously
- Learn to formulate and present your views on important issues
- Grow in self confidence, grace, and social skills
- Set goals and work toward physical fitness
- Learn to meet new people with confidence and security
- Advocate a platform by expressing your personal view on a critical issue
- Develop a performance talent
- Gain experience in planning and time management
- Be introduced to a network of volunteers
- Kansas resident
- Must be female
- High school graduate by state competition
- Must be between age of 17 - 24
- Single, never married
- Have good moral character
- Citizen of the United States
Children's Miracle Network
Miss America and the Children's Miracle Network have formed a new partnership. The partnership requires each local contestant to raise $100 for each local she enters. Any amount over the $100 can be applied to the next local or state pageant. There is a $500 cap on local fund raising. Any contestant who raises $500 may enter unlimited local pageants. This on-line fundraiser is for the Children's Miracle Network and the Miss America Scholarship Fund.
All local contestants must register at the www.missamericaforkids.org website where they may track their donations. Upon winning a local title, the contestant is required to raise $250 to enter the state competition. The state winner will be responsible for raising $500 to enter the national competition. Again, any left over funds from local fund raising may be applied for that contestant's requirements for state or national.
Take the Next Step
The first step is to compete in (and win) either a Local Pageant or Festival. Local Pageants and Festivals are held throughout Kansas from July through March annually.
Local Pageants are an integral part of the Miss Kansas system and are conducted using official Miss America rules.
Festivals are not a part of the Miss Kansas system, but are officially sanctioned competitions. To determine if a Festival has been sanctioned, contact the specific Festival Director.
For a list of all Local Pageants and Festivals, please visit our Local Pageants Directory and contact the Local Director listed for the local pageant you wish to enter. The director will provide specific information about entry deadlines and competition requirements.