The Sunflower Princess Program is a mentoring program for young ladies ages 5-12 (as of May 31, 2014) who have an interest in learning about citizenship, leadership, volunteerism, and have a future interest in the Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen and Miss Kansas programs.
Early Bird Date and Registration Fee: November 30, 2013 / $150
After November 30th: $200
Registration Deadline: May 1, 2014
Dorm Fee: (Adult must stay with Princess) $25 per night / person
- Meet with Miss Kansas (MK) (during competition week in June).
- Meet with Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen (MKOT) (during competition week in June).
- Meet with the Miss Kansas and Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen contestants.
- Participate in a special mentoring session with Miss Kansas, Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen and the contestants during competition week in June to learn about citizenship, leadership and volunteerism.
- Receive an autographed photo of Miss Kansas & Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen.
- Receive a group photo.
- Gain self esteem and self confidence.
- Ride in the Miss Kansas Parade.
- Participate in a production number during the Miss Kansas evening competitions. (White dress below the knees will be required for participation.)
- Receive a special Miss Kansas Sunflower Princess certificate award.
- Receive a Miss Kansas Sunflower Princess crown and t-shirt
- Participate in a dance production number during the Miss Kansas Outstanding Teen Competition
- Participate in a variety of special activities as part of the Sunflower Princess Program including community service, pj breakfast and much more!