Candidates in the Miss Kansas Organization, at both the state and local level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a Miss Kansas candidate, you must enter and win a local competition. Local Competitions are held throughout Kansas. Once you win a local title you qualify to advance to the Miss Kansas Competition held each year in June in Pratt, Kansas. Click here to find a local competition.
Phases of Competition*
- Personal Interview with Judges
- Red Carpet (Evening Wear)
- Onstage Interview
- Talent Competition
- Social Impact Pitch
Age and Residency Requirements*
- Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age on December 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes;
- Must not be older than twenty-six (26) years of age as of December 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes
- For the avoidance of doubt, Candidate cannot turn twenty-seven (27) years of age at any time during the calendar year in which she could compete at the State Competition. (Calendar Year defined as January 1st through December 31st).
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a bona fide resident of Kansas or a full-time student physically attending an accredited college or university located within Kansas or is employed and working full-time.
- Complete paperwork requirements and participate in fundraising. Click here to find the required documents.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local and state competitions in which you compete.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change