Candidates in the Miss Kansas Organization, at both the state and local level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a Miss Kansas candidate, you must enter and win a local competition. Local Competitions are held throughout Kansas. Once you win a local title you qualify to advance to the Miss Kansas Competition held each year in June in Pratt, Kansas. Click here to find a local competition.
Phases of Competition*
- Personal Interview with Judges
- Onstage Interview
- Talent Competition
- Social Impact Pitch
Age and Residency Requirements*
- Must be at least 17 years old and a high school senior and no older than 25 as of Dec. 31 of the year competing at the national level.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a bona fide resident of Kansas or a full-time student physically attending an accredited college or university located within Kansas or is employed and working full-time.
- Complete paperwork requirements and participate in fundraising. Click here to find the required documents.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local and state competitions in which you compete.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change