Miss Kansas' Outstanding Teen
Official State Teen Competition of the Miss Kansas Organization
Candidates in the Miss Kansas’ Outstanding Teen (MKSOTeen) Organization, at the state level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a MKSOTeen candidate, you must submit the 2022 MKSOTeen Competition Application. Click here to download.
Phases of Competition*
- Personal Interview with Judges
- Evening Wear/Onstage Question
- Talent Competition
- Lifestyle & Wellness
Age and Residency Requirements*
- Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age on the first day of the State Competition
- Must be no older than eighteen (18) years of age as of December 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she could compete.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Candidate cannot turn nineteen (19) years of age at any time during the calendar year in which she could compete at the State MAOTeen Competition (January 1st through December 31st).
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Reside in the state of Kansas or be accepted and successfully enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited public or private school, or homeschools, within the state.
- Complete paperwork requirements and participate in fundraising. Click here to find the required documents.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the state competition.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change.